The Print Council of Australia (PCA) has members from throughout Australia and overseas, including artists, students, arts institutions, galleries, universities, schools and collectors.
Established in 1966, for over 50 years the Print Council of Australia has promoted and supported contemporary artists working in print media, and advocated for the appreciation of printmaking as a vital and vibrant field of creative endeavour in the Australian context. This advocacy extends to related practices such as artist books and zines, and the broader field of works on paper.
As a national, not-for-profit organisation, the PCA has Committee Representatives in each state and territory, activating the Australian print community at a grass roots level. The Print Council of Australia has an open membership policy with no restrictions on joining.
Concession membership of the PCA is open to any Australian resident claiming, or eligible to claim, a state or Commonwealth government concession. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Current enrolled students (primary, secondary or tertiary)
- Age Pension
- Disability Support Pension
- Newstart Allowance or Youth Allowance
If you would like to confirm your eligibility for concession membership, please contact us at email@example.com.
PCA Membership includes the following benefits:
- Subscription to IMPRINT, our quarterly art magazine dedicated to printmaking, artist books, zines and works on paper. (Four issues per year)
- Free promotion for your exhibitions ‘Australia in Print’ in IMPRINT, in our monthly e-newsletters and social media platforms. Visit the Member Exhibition Submission page for more info.
- Opportunities for artists including the annual PCA Print Commission and the biennial PCA Print Exchange project.
- Stay connected to what is happening in the world of print through information about awards and opportunities.
- Opportunities to purchase prints at member rates in the annual PCA Print Commission program.
- Exclusive discounts at various art suppliers, framers and workshops.
- Exclusive events such as curator talks and collection tours.
- Voting rights: the PCA is a membership organisation, as a member you have the right to vote at our Annual General Meeting as well as nominating for and electing national Committee Representatives.
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTES RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- IMPRINT MAGAZINE – published quarterly, IMPRINT is Australia’s only print-media magazine.
- PRINT COMMISSION – member discounts to acquire prints from the PCA Print Commission, an annual suite of original prints specially commissioned from contemporary artists by the PCA. Many educational institutes collect these prints each year for use as a teaching resource, while growing a museum quality collection of works on paper.
- FREE ADVERTISING of your school’s print and works on paper related exhibitions on our Facebook page and in our monthly e-newsletter (value $120), and a listing in our quarterly IMPRINT magazine (value $60).
- ACCESS ARTISTS PROGRAM – Provides opportunities for educational institutes to connect and employ PCA artists for educational programs and professional development.
- ACCESS TO MEMBER-ONLY EVENTS such as museum collection tours provided as online webinars, gallery visits, and symposiums etc.