The Print Council of Australia (PCA) has members from throughout Australia and overseas, including artists, students, arts institutions, galleries, universities, schools and collectors.
Established in 1966, for over 50 years the Print Council of Australia has promoted and supported contemporary artists working in print media, and advocated for the appreciation of printmaking as a vital and vibrant field of creative endeavour in the Australian context. This advocacy extends to related practices such as artist books and zines, and the broader field of works on paper.
As a national, not-for-profit organisation, the PCA has Committee Representatives in each state and territory, activating the Australian print community at a grass roots level. The Print Council of Australia has an open membership policy with no restrictions on joining.
PCA Membership includes the following benefits:
- Subscription to Imprint, our quarterly art magazine dedicated to printmaking, artist books, zines and works on paper. (Four issues per year)
- Free promotion for your exhibitions in our monthly e-newsletters and social media platforms.
- Opportunities for artists including the annual PCA Print Commission and the biennial PCA Print Exchange project.
- Stay connected to what is happening in the world of print through information about awards and opportunities.
- Opportunities to purchase prints at member rates in the annual PCA Print Commission program.
- Exclusive discounts at various art suppliers, framers and workshops.
- Exclusive events such as curator talks and collection tours.
- Voting rights: the PCA is a membership organisation, as a member you have the right to vote at our Annual General Meeting as well as nominating for and electing national Committee Representatives.