Established in 1966, for over 50 years the Print Council of Australia (PCA) has promoted and supported contemporary artists working in print media, and advocated for the appreciation and of printmaking as a vital and vibrant field of creative endeavor in the Australian context. This advocacy extends to related practices of artist books, and more broadly, works on paper.
As a national, not-for-profit organisation, the PCA has Committee Representatives in each state and territory, activating the Australian print community at a grass roots level. The Print Council of Australia has an open membership policy and anyone can join.
PCA Membership includes the following benefits:
- Subscription to Imprint, our quarterly art magazine dedicated to printmaking, artist books, zines and works on paper. Four issues per year.
- Free promotion for PCA Member exhibitions in our monthly E-Newsletters and via social media. We have a combined digital reach of over 8000.
- Opportunities for artists such as the biennial PCA Print Exchange project, and the annual PCA Print Commission
- Stay connected to what is happening in the world of print through information about specific printmaking and works on paper awards and opportunities.
- Opportunities to purchase prints at members rates in the annual PCA Print Commission program.
- Exclusive PCA Member discounts at various art suppliers, framers and workshops.
- PCA Member only events such as curator talks and collection tours.
- Voting Rights: the PCA is a membership organisation, as a member you have the right to vote at our Annual General Meeting as well as nominating for and electing national Committee Representatives.
- The PCA is Australia’s professional body for artists working in print media and related practices of book arts and works on paper.