Print Commission 2024
Applications Opening Soon
The Print Council of Australia is excited to announce a call to artists for the 2024 edition of our annual Print Commission.
PCA Print Commission 2024 Applications opening soon
The PCA Print Commission offers major promotional and professional development opportunities for commissioned artists. Many public galleries and institutions along with private collectors purchase PCA commissioned prints and build their collection of works on paper on a yearly basis. Commissioned prints are also included in the PCA Print Archive 1967-present; the Canson Australia and State Library Victoria collections.
How it works
- Artists complete and submit this online application form here –
- Artists pay the entry fee –
- Shortlisted artists produce a bon á tirer (or working drawings if the medium precludes this) of an entirely new print and judges make their final selection.
- Selected artists each produce seven artists’ proofs and an edition of between 30 and 40 prints for distribution to subscribers.
- The Print Commission is launched in September in IMPRINT magazine, and artists’ proofs are exhibited in interstate galleries.
- From this submitted editions, one impression will be retained for the PCA Print Archive Collection. The remaining editioned prints will be available for sale as a fundraiser for the PCA to support operations, and the Artist Proofs will be returned to the artist at the end of the exhibiting period.
- PCA pay an artist’s fee of $1000 to each selected artist (Ex GST).
- Contractual details for 2024 will be provided on the Conditions and Agreement form forwarded to selected artists.
- Non PCA members are welcome to apply.
- Artists chosen for the Commission will be required to join the PCA.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The PCA Print Commission is open to living artists residing in Australia and New Zealand over the age of 18. The images submitted for entry into PCA Print Commission are to be of original works of the entrant and must have been made in the past three years.
Original artworks made in any form of printmaking will be accepted, including (but not limited to); etching, lithography, screenprint, linocut, woodblock, wood engraving, collagraph and mixed print techniques.
Photographs, digital reproduction prints of work in other media, also known as ‘giclée prints’are not eligible for entry. However original prints created through digital means (including photography) ARE eligible for entry. For further information on this distinction, check the ‘What is a Print’ page of this website.
Please note the final work selected for the commission must be able to be editioned to a minimum of 30 prints plus APs.
ENTRY FORM AND DUE DATE
Please complete the online entry form and upload 1 high-resolution image of each artwork entered. Artist may enter three artworks. Each image should be a jpeg file, maximum file size 2mb each. Images should be labeled with the artist’s name followed by the title of the work in the file name i.e janesmith_selfportrait.jpeg
Please also upload an Artist CV, as pdf or word files via the online entry form.
Entry Fee must be paid when filling out the online form.
Selection of artworks for final exhibition is to be made via images of entrant’s finished artworks. No incomplete entries will be processed.
Entries are due 5pm March 1, 2024.
For any queries please contact email@example.comT: 03 9416 0150
KEY DATES 2024 7/12/24 – APPLICATIONS OPEN via the form below 1/3/24 – APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5pm 15/3/24 – SHORTLISTED ARTISTS NOTIFIED - up to ten artists are shortlisted 4/5/24 – SHORTLISTED ARTISTS SUBMIT BON À TIRER (Proof print that would be commissioned) 1/9/24 – ARTIST EDITIONS DUE AT PCA
This opportunity has been generously supported by the Colin Holden Charitable Trust.