An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Print Council of Australia for an Acting General Manager.
Currently based in the historic Fitzroy Town Hall in Melbourne, Victoria, the Print Council of Australia (PCA) is a national not-for-profit member organisation that promotes contemporary Australian fine art printmaking and print media, including artist’s books, zines, and works on paper, and provides support and opportunities for artists.
We are currently recruiting an Acting General Manager (maternity leave cover – 7 month position) to steer the Print Council through the coming months.
This is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on organisational and management experience in a dynamic not-for-profit visual arts organisation.
The PCA’s core activities include
- publishing our flagship quarterly magazine IMPRINT
- delivering the annual Print Commission program
- producing a monthly e-newsletter for distribution to members
- maintaining social media presence including the PCA website, Facebook page and Instagram
- maintaining and managing the PCA’s archival collection of over 600 artworks
- Coordinating temporary exhibitions and other projects that provide opportunities for artists and audiences to engage with contemporary printmaking.
Objectives of the role
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organisation.
- Develop, resource, and manage multiple programs and projects at a local and national level.
If this sounds like it’s up your alley we’d love to hear from you. Download the position description for full details.