PRINT COUNCIL OF AUSTRALIA PRINT EXCHANGE 2018
Following the success of the Inaugural PCA Print Exchange in 2016, we are pleased to invite our printmaker members to participate in our second Print Exchange to celebrate the depth and diversity of contemporary Australian Printmaking. One print will reside in the PCA archive as a snapshot of printmaking in 2018.
Please note you must be a member of the Print Council of Australia to participate in the project. There are many benefits to being a member including a subscription to the quarterly Imprint magazine. To view membership options visit our membership page.
- THEME – No specific theme, we encourage you to make what you do best.
- PAPER SIZE – strictly 26 x 20 cm. Images can be printed edge to edge or on any part of the paper. Please use archival printmaking paper. Prints to be interleaved with tissue or glassine paper.
- TECHNIQUES – All printmaking techniques including digital and combinations accepted. 2D only.
- EDITION SIZE – Each artist will create an edition of 12 prints signed and numbered (1/12, 2/12, 3/12 etc). Each print needs the artist’s name, title and medium written in pencil on the back.
- DEADLINE – 30 September, 2018
Sharron Okines, PCA, PO Box 2949, Fitzroy, Victoria, 3065, Australia
- One print is to be donated for sale to raise funds for ongoing projects for the PCA
- One print will reside in the PCA archive.
- Ten prints will be exchanged and you will be sent a random selection in return
- International participants please mark the envelope “No commercial value”. PCA will take every care with your prints but no responsibility for loss or damage can be accepted.
ONLINE EXHIBITION and SALE
Please email a low res JPEG image of your print, your website details and a 50 word (or less) statement to Sharron Okines – firstname.lastname@example.org
When the prints and fees arrive, images of the prints will be uploaded to the PCA Facebook page for exhibition and an online sale (date to be determined) of the 2/12 prints to raise funds for the PCA. Other exhibition opportunities may arise and we will advise you accordingly.
Susan Baran, Spain, 2016, photopolymer, intaglio, a la poupee. Created for the PCA Print Exchange 2016.