Artists are invited to submit digital images of recent work for selection to create a new print edition for the 2015 PCA Print Commission. All forms of printmaking, including digital, are welcome.
To enter, go to the store and complete the entry form and make your payment. Entries close Friday 5 February 2016.
Invited judges for the 2016 Print Commission are Roger Butler, Senior Curator, Australian Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Australia and John Loane, Master Printer and artist, Viridian Press.
Emerging Artist Award, Indigenous Award and three week residency at Artspace Sydney
In celebration of the Print Council of Australia’s 50th Anniversary 2016 Year of Print, additional awards will be given to selected artists. An Emerging Artist award, Indigenous Artist award and residency at Artspace Sydney with access to facilities at UNSW Art and Design will be awarded to shortlisted artists.
To be eligible for the Emerging Artist award, entrants must have graduated with in a Diploma or Degree of Fine Art (Visual Art) at a University, TAFE or Technical College within five years of application.
2016 key dates
5 February applications close
26 February artist applications shortlisted
8 April shortlisted artists submit bon à tirer
22 April final selection of 10 artists made
15 July completed artists’ proofs submitted
7 October completed editions submitted
How it works
- Artists complete and submit this application form (inclusive of handling fee) with a current CV and three images of recent work.
- Shortlisted artists produce a bon á tirer (or working drawings if the medium precludes this) of an entirely new print and judges make their final selection.
- Selected artists each produce eight artists’ proofs and an edition of between 30 and 40 prints for distribution to subscribers.
- Artists’ proofs are exhibited in selected capital city galleries and are returned to the artists at the conclusion of the exhibition.
- Selected artists each receive a supply of 50 sheets of Canson quality printmaking paper for editioning, provided by Canson Australia.
- PCA pay an artist’s fee of $700 to each selected artist (inc GST).
- Contractual details for 2016 will be provided on the Conditions and Agreement form forwarded to selected artists.
- Non PCA members are welcome to apply.
- Artists chosen for the Commission will be required to join the PCA.